Music Admission auditions for the 2024-2025 year will be held online via video submissions through getacceptd.com/BJU beginning October 1, 2023. The deadline for scholarship consideration is March 15, 2024. We will continue to accept music admission applications after this date, but those desiring to be considered for music scholarships should submit their applications by March 15.
The Music Scholarship Fund of Bob Jones University exists to provide financial aid to student musicians who are committed to cultivating, refining, and applying their musical gifts for the glory of God and the good of others.
The Bob Jones University music merit scholarships are merit-based scholarships that are awarded to students who demonstrate exceptional skill and aptitude in music. Students may also may qualify for additional need-based aid through other funds available from BJU. In this case the music scholarship becomes part of the student’s total financial aid package. The financial package cannot exceed the total cost of attendance. Additionally, funds may be available from other music scholarship programs such as The Music Club of Greenville Scholarship Fund, The Crescent Music Club Scholarships and other local, regional, and national scholarship opportunities.
For the glory of God, these personal qualities are valued by the BJU Music Scholarship Fund scholarship committee:
- Personal Christian faith that recognizes and credits God as the source of all gifts
- A record of current and consistent use of musical gifts in the student’s community, church, and school.
- Passionate love for music displayed in personal music disciplines.
- Ability to communicate through music and through written and verbal means.
The Bob Jones University music merit scholarships are…
- Merit-based: We are seeking dedicated, skilled Christian musicians who are actively serving the Lord in their community, their church, and their school.
- Awarded based on a performance audition.
- Subject to an interview with the scholarship committee.
- Personal awards, given directly to the recipient’s individual tuition and/or room and board accounts.
- Also subject to a review of financial need factors, and may also be used by the scholarship committee in determining award amounts as a secondary consideration.
Bob Jones University music scholarships may be awarded to music majors. A music major is one majoring in music, music performance, music education, music composition, piano pedagogy, or Music & Church Ministries.
- Scholarships are renewable for each year of study, up to four years.
- Student must earn the minimum overall GPA set by the Division of Music (2.0).
- Students must earn the minimum GPA in music studies set by the Division of Music (3.0).
- Students must maintain performance study through applied lessons with a BJU faculty music faculty member each semester.
- Students must maintain exemplary membership in their assigned BJU ensemble(s) each semester.
- For renewal, students must pass end of semester performance exams and present a written recommendation from their private studio professor.